Re: Adobe Software

  • Michael Gerrish
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 10, 2011
      It is possible to install a plug-in for GIMP which gives the program a photoshop "skin". Google it.

      Sent from my iPod
    • Michele
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2011
        Adobe was taken off our pcs as well we struggled with gimp but now have paint.net a free program comparable to Photoshop. It isn't Photoshop but it works better than Gimp and has similar set set up to Photoshop. And most IT people are hard to deal with!
      • subirdsings
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2011
          I teach at a small private International school. A few years ago, our IT person switched every computer to the Linux Operating system adding Open office, Gimp and all free software. Due to viruses, and not budgeting for other software.

          The students are being trained on Gimp, but only getting the basics. Many of my former students have returned telling me that in all of their universities they use Adobe Suite _ Illustrator, Photoshop etc...I think we are doing our students a disservice by not having it available.

          For three years I have been trying to have the school purchase at least one computer with Adobe Software, but they don't feel it is important enough. Our Principal told me that I should write every Art college and find out what they expect the students to be proficient at before entering. even though I had 25 written statements by former students.

          I also have AP and feel that my students should be allowed access to this software. I encourage my students to practice and grow their skills at home.

          Can anyone give me advice, Should I press this issue, what other evidence can I give? I do not think it's a budget issue. It's a power struggle with the IT man.
          Do you have Adobe at your schools? Please help me.

          Thanks,
          Sue
        • Ken
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2011
            You already posted this. Did you not see the replies to your post?

            Ken