Re: computer art and animation

  • marisa
    Message 1 of 16 , May 31, 2011
      I teach animation and media arts for a program called Adobe Youth Voices. We recently started a website called Adobe Youth Voices Essentials http://essentials.youthvoices.adobe.com/ where teachers can download lesson plans related to about 5 different media topics. We have sample work and 12 weeks of lessons for each unit. It's free but you have to sign up. Please check it out. I created a good how to handout on Stop Motion Animation.

      Let me know if you have animation questions, I love teaching stop motion. There's lots of good sample work on the Adobe Youth Voices gallery. Here's a favorite that I worked on with an elementary class last year, it'll brighten your day guaranteed: http://youthvoices.adobe.com/youth-media-gallery/media/214

      Best,
      marisa

      here are some programs that allow you to do animation:

      Mac and PC

      Premiere Elements is an affordable, entry-level editing software that includes a built-in stop motion
      animation program. (Price approx $65).

      Scratch is a free programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories,
      animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web. Scratch works on a Mac or a
      PC and was developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. http://scratch.mit.edu/

      Mac

      iStopMotion for Mac costs $49 (education price) and is available from www.boinx.com

      FrameByFrame is a simple and very decent freeware stop motion program for Macs. It even has onion-
      skinning!

      You can also use a digital still camera to create simple stop motion using iPhoto and iMovie (both of
      which come standard on all Macs). There aren't as many options available, but it's free! Here's a tutorial:

      PC

      Helium Frog is a freeware stop motion program for PC's and is available for download here:

    • Makio Kawashima
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 7 4:33 AM
        Dear all,

        A Painting of Encouragement to Japan.
        Earthquake, Tsunami.
        Enjoy the videos and I hope Mt. Fuji can brighten your day.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYuib2fFUyE

        Thanks

        Makio KAWASHIMA
        Art e-Learning Center