Re: [art_education] dried glaze

  • Kidlfrndly@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2011
      Donna,

          I have heard of putting the glaze in a blender with some water, but I can imagine that a lot is wasted that way. I usually just put a bit of water in them, put the cap back on, and let them sit for a while. If the glaze isn't  too hard and  solid, you can poke some holes in it so that the water can get through and break it down a bit faster.  Sometimes I find that if my underglazes sit too long, they thicken up. Right before I know we are going to use them, I get a small team of student volunteers, I show them how to rework the glaze to the right consistency so that when it's time to paint, it's smooth sailling, and then kids don't waste class time chopping, stirring, or complaining that the glaze is too thick.
      Hope that helps!
      Lisa
      In a message dated 5/20/2011 7:19:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, elfbab@... writes:

      What can you do with dried out glaze?