Re: [art_education] Re: Pre K through 5 skill sets by grade

  • lea_guzman@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2011
      Hi do you have standards for Middle school art?

      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by mobily

      From: "Brandy" <bergiemoore@...>
      Sender: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 14:24:53 -0000
      To: <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [art_education] Re: Pre K through 5 skill sets by grade

      Here's a link to Va's standards for art for 5th grade.
      http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/curricula/art5.htm

      here's the link for multiple ages if you'd like to compare the grades above and below.
      http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/curricula.htm

      Regards,
      Brandy

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Jennifer
      > Seoul International School
      > Seoul, Korea

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2011
        Don't forget that there are national arts standards for all grade levels at http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/educators/standards.aspx

        Ken

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Jennifer
        > Seoul International School
        > Seoul, Korea

      • Robin Hartmann
        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2011
          I have recently been receiving spam thru this site- mostly for Vigara type drugs- Is anyone else experiencing this?

          Sent from my iPod

          On May 7, 2011, at 1:16 PM, "Ken" <kenroar@...> wrote:

          Don't forget that there are national arts standards for all grade levels at http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/educators/standards.aspx

          Ken

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@...> wrote:

          > Hi there,
          >
          > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Jennifer
          > Seoul International School
          > Seoul, Korea

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2011
            There was one spam message posted today. Occasionally these make it through in spite of screening members. In addition, sometimes members' computers get spyware or a hacker gains access to their e-mail accounts. When I come across spam, I delete the post from the list group home page and delete the member whose account the spam came from. The only way to keep spam completely off this list group is to make all posts moderated. This will mean that there would be a delay before posts get posted. In some cases, several days delay.

            Ken Rohrer
            List "Nanny"

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Robin Hartmann <muscles3@...> wrote:

            > I have recently been receiving spam thru this site- mostly for Vigara type drugs- Is anyone else experiencing this?
            >
            > Sent from my iPod
            >
            > On May 7, 2011, at 1:16 PM, "Ken" <kenroar@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Don't forget that there are national arts standards for all grade levels at http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/educators/standards.aspx
            > >
            > > Ken
            > >
            > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi there,
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks.
            > > >
            > > > Jennifer
            > > > Seoul International School
            > > > Seoul, Korea

          • cathy wilson
            Message 5 of 9 , May 8, 2011
              I would imagine that it varies from state to state and country to country, but here is a wonderfully complete curriculum from my state:

              http://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/FineArt/Core_Curriculum/Elementary/default.htm

              Cathy

              --
              Cathy Wilson