Pre K through 5 skill sets by grade

  • smth_mj
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6, 2011
      Hi there,

      Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.

      Thanks.

      Jennifer
      Seoul International School
      Seoul, Korea
    • K Olson
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2011
        Here is the address for the California State Standards and Framework.  They should give you a good idea.
        http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/
        Kathy in SoCal
      • Brandy
        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2011
          Here's a link to Va's standards for art for 5th grade.
          http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/curricula/art5.htm

          here's the link for multiple ages if you'd like to compare the grades above and below.
          http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/curricula.htm

          Regards,
          Brandy

        • lea_guzman@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2011
            Hi do you have standards for Middle school art?

            Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by mobily

            From: "Brandy" <bergiemoore@...>
            Sender: art_education@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 14:24:53 -0000
            To: <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: art_education@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [art_education] Re: Pre K through 5 skill sets by grade

            Here's a link to Va's standards for art for 5th grade.
            http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/curricula/art5.htm

            here's the link for multiple ages if you'd like to compare the grades above and below.
            http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/curricula.htm

            Regards,
            Brandy

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@...> wrote:

            > Hi there,
            >
            > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > Jennifer
            > Seoul International School
            > Seoul, Korea

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2011
              Don't forget that there are national arts standards for all grade levels at http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/educators/standards.aspx

              Ken

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@...> wrote:

              > Hi there,
              >
              > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > Jennifer
              > Seoul International School
              > Seoul, Korea

            • Robin Hartmann
              Message 6 of 9 , May 7, 2011
                I have recently been receiving spam thru this site- mostly for Vigara type drugs- Is anyone else experiencing this?

                Sent from my iPod

                On May 7, 2011, at 1:16 PM, "Ken" <kenroar@...> wrote:

                Don't forget that there are national arts standards for all grade levels at http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/educators/standards.aspx

                Ken

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@...> wrote:

                > Hi there,
                >
                > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                > Jennifer
                > Seoul International School
                > Seoul, Korea

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 9 , May 7, 2011
                  There was one spam message posted today. Occasionally these make it through in spite of screening members. In addition, sometimes members' computers get spyware or a hacker gains access to their e-mail accounts. When I come across spam, I delete the post from the list group home page and delete the member whose account the spam came from. The only way to keep spam completely off this list group is to make all posts moderated. This will mean that there would be a delay before posts get posted. In some cases, several days delay.

                  Ken Rohrer
                  List "Nanny"

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Robin Hartmann <muscles3@...> wrote:

                  > I have recently been receiving spam thru this site- mostly for Vigara type drugs- Is anyone else experiencing this?
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPod
                  >
                  > On May 7, 2011, at 1:16 PM, "Ken" <kenroar@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Don't forget that there are national arts standards for all grade levels at http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/educators/standards.aspx
                  > >
                  > > Ken
                  > >
                  > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "smth_mj" <smth_mj@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi there,
                  > > >
                  > > > Does anyone have the skill sets or exact benchmarks in art that students need to know before they pass to the next grade? I am the curriculum leader in art K-12 in an American International School.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks.
                  > > >
                  > > > Jennifer
                  > > > Seoul International School
                  > > > Seoul, Korea

                • cathy wilson
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 8, 2011
                    I would imagine that it varies from state to state and country to country, but here is a wonderfully complete curriculum from my state:

                    http://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/FineArt/Core_Curriculum/Elementary/default.htm

                    Cathy

                    --
                    Cathy Wilson