Re: [art_education] watercolor lesson

  • David Exner
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2011
      Hello Terri,

      You didn't specify what age or grade level, but I think these can be adapted to just about any level:

      1.  Watercolor Batik --- start with a light pencil drawing, then apply a heavy amount of white crayon or plain candle wax to resist the watercolors.  The crayon will isolate "cells" which can be paint in any manner your students wish to.

      2.  Plastic wrap watercolor abstracts --- tape and/or staple watercolor to a board 3/4" plywood works just fine.  While the paper is saturated with lots of intense color press on some plastic wrap (old grocery bags will do too), let dry then work back into the images with pens, crayons, markers, pastels etc.

      I'm sure you will be able to find lots of examples of both lessons online, good luck!

      Peace,
      David Exner

      We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. Winston Churchill

      David G. Exner
      Art Teacher & Art Club Co-Adviser
      Community High School,District 94
      WestChicago
      (630)876-6407

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
          Do you have examples of this?  Sounds great!

          Kelli in NE