Sheila Hicks - Career Woven from Life - Fiber Artist - NY Times

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2011
      Greetings Art Educators,

      This will be my last post (to Getty list) referring you to New York
      Times articles - so do bookmark their index so you can check yourself
      to see what is new in the art world. Soon you may have to pay to
      access articles (maybe a 20 article per month limit for free access?
      Something like that).

      Art & Design:
      http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html

      Sheila Hicks - A Career Woven fro Life - published 3-31-11 in New York Times
      Nice slide show included

      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/arts/design/sheila-hicks-50-years-retrospective-in-philadelphia.html?_r=1

      Retrospective now showing through Aug. 7
      http://www.icaphila.org/exhibitions/hicks.php
      http://www.icaphila.org/

      Amazing stuff! Check out her work - lots of inspiration for your fiber
      arts units.

      Enjoy,

      Judy Decker

      P.S for Getty list members - As always - remember to remove member
      email addresses before you click "send". Your efforts reduce the
      amount of Spam we all receive. DIGEST USERS - remember to clip the
      rest of the digest before you click "send". I realize many of you may
      post from your cell phones - but I still do not see why you can not
      take the extra two seconds to remove the digest before you post. When
      you include the entire digest - you also post all member email
      addresses which are archived on the Getty site. Since I can not
      control what you folks do, I will simply reduce the number of posts I
      make -- again. Sometimes, my posts take me quite a bit of time.
      Granted, this one, I didn't spend much time on. I began it before at
      least two digest members posted entire digests - including my email
      address - so decided to make this my last one. Thank you to all Digest
      users who have been considerate of all members. I will continue to
      share my words of wisdom off list to members. For most questions, my
      answers are already "out there" in Getty archives. Happy hunting for
      those (smile).