Kris's Amazing Middler Art! - Art with Meaning! - Jump in Kris

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2004
      Kris!

      I don't believe it - I was just about to look up YOUR email address. ART WITH MEANING has been etched on my brain today...thanks Pam (ha-ha)...And YOUR lessons are all popping into my head. Did you do the technology lesson that looked a "visual literacy" in a different way - photo trickery - fact or fiction? Looking at the tabloids and the impossible pictures.....Then did you have the student do some of their own photo manipulation and make up their own outlandish stories?.... Wouldn't it be grand if there was more important stuff to look at as we go through the check-out? Maybe this generation of kids will do something about it. What's in the news this week?..... I would like to see Art magazines. I no longer care how depressed Martha Stewart is.

      Pretty please post all of the Rice Writer URLs - I have two on my site and the rest are in la-"la-la land" somewhere. My organizational skills when hay wire awhile back and I have no clue where I stashed all sorts of good stuff! Post each link with title - I am thinking all middle school stuff....Mike would love your ideas...Mike just joined and could learn from a real PRO. What kind of IDEAS really interest middle school kids?

      OH guess what!? I just came up with a neat GUY idea for the Art Nouveau lesson - Boys might not like doing girls in fancy dresses - How about armor design? kind of fantasy - I am thinking Lord of the Rings -  - Samurai - Awesome costuming!

      Thanks for the links I am checking it right now!

      Judy