Re: [art_education] Re: Japanes earthquake project

  • Susan Michael
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 31, 2011
      Robin Hartmman,
      That is a neat idea to do Shrinky Dink material as you can apply a pin back, or punch a hole and use a dog tag type chain necklace. Thanks for posting, Susan

      Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:03 AM
      Subject: Re: [art_education] Re: Japanes earthquake project

      We are making our fans out of Shrinky Dink material- the kids can draw beautiful images, and they will show up- they won't be "folded" persay, but you will definitely be able to tell it's a fan
      - We are on spring break, so I will post some pics next week!
      Robin Hartmann
      The New School Montessori
      Cincinnati, Ohio
      Sent from my iPod

      On Mar 31, 2011, at 8:39 AM, "James Cipalla" <Jcipalla@...> wrote:

      We are not allowed to do this during the school day so I am putting together an after school event for all the students. We will then be asking for 1 - 2$ dollar donations during lunch and then let them pick out a fan on display to take with them.

      Namaste,

      Jim Cipalla

      Art Teacher,
      North side Middle School
      Norfolk,Virginia
      JCipalla@...

      Art is made of love,heart,creation and feelings, you go deep inside to find an artist of beautiful creation. A creation from an artist isn't just a drawing, or a painting but a feeling or a thing that lives inside. Art is creations from people's hearts. Art brings out personality and love. Art is the feeling of Joy.
      = A.B. = One of my wonderful Sixth grade students.

      >>> "Byrd1956" <rhelsel@...> 3/30/2011 11:40 PM >>>

      After talking w/my principal today we are going to do our fans $3. That may be low for some areas, but considering our area and that fact that the fans so far are not WoW I think it is a fair price. I am doing this with my enrichment 8th. graders and will be giving some firm guidance on ways to make their end product more marketable, so to speak. I shared before and after aerial images with them of the devastation. We are also looking at reference pictures of fans and Japanese images for inspiration.

    • Kathleen Maledon
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 1, 2011
        I kept some one to mention origami papers and toothpicks with
        gold thread to hold accordian pleat....maybe I missed it.  the plastic fans will be beautatious  k
        On Mar 31, 2011, at 6:03 AM, Robin Hartmann wrote:

        We are making our fans out of Shrinky Dink material- the kids can draw beautiful images, and they will show up- they won't be "folded" persay, but you will definitely be able to tell it's a fan
        - We are on spring break, so I will post some pics next week!
        Robin Hartmann
        The New School Montessori
        Cincinnati, Ohio
        Sent from my iPod

        On Mar 31, 2011, at 8:39 AM, "James Cipalla" <Jcipalla@...> wrote:

        We are not allowed to do this during the school day so I am putting together an after school event for all the students. We will then be asking for 1 - 2$ dollar donations during lunch and then let them pick out a fan on display to take with them.

        Namaste,

        Jim Cipalla

        Art Teacher,
        North side Middle School
        Norfolk,Virginia
        JCipalla@...

        Art is made of love,heart,creation and feelings, you go deep inside to find an artist of beautiful creation. A creation from an artist isn't just a drawing, or a painting but a feeling or a thing that lives inside. Art is creations from people's hearts. Art brings out personality and love. Art is the feeling of Joy.
        = A.B. = One of my wonderful Sixth grade students.

        >>> "Byrd1956" <rhelsel@...> 3/30/2011 11:40 PM >>>

        After talking w/my principal today we are going to do our fans $3. That may be low for some areas, but considering our area and that fact that the fans so far are not WoW I think it is a fair price. I am doing this with my enrichment 8th. graders and will be giving some firm guidance on ways to make their end product more marketable, so to speak. I shared before and after aerial images with them of the devastation. We are also looking at reference pictures of fans and Japanese images for inspiration.

      • Byrd1956
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 2, 2011
          I have created a Fans for Japan photo album and uploaded an example of what my students have been up to. Some of the kids are doing lots better and I hope to post more next week. I hope more of you will share your fans.
        • lindwood@prodigy.net
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 3, 2011
            Your fans are lovely, and I love the presentation. What age did these images?
            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Byrd1956" <rhelsel@...> wrote:

            > I have created a Fans for Japan photo album and uploaded an example of what my students have been up to. Some of the kids are doing lots better and I hope to post more next week. I hope more of you will share your fans.

          • Robin Hartmann
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 3, 2011
              How do I get to the album?

              Sent from my iPod

              On Apr 2, 2011, at 9:51 PM, "Byrd1956" <rhelsel@...> wrote:

              I have created a Fans for Japan photo album and uploaded an example of what my students have been up to. Some of the kids are doing lots better and I hope to post more next week. I hope more of you will share your fans.

            • meryl
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 3, 2011
                I added a fan pin to the photos that is made from a photo slide painted black and Japanese papers
                On Apr 3, 2011, at 10:43 AM, lindwood@... wrote:

                Your fans are lovely, and I love the presentation. What age did these images?
                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Byrd1956" <rhelsel@...> wrote:

                > I have created a Fans for Japan photo album and uploaded an example of what my students have been up to. Some of the kids are doing lots better and I hope to post more next week. I hope more of you will share your fans.

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 3, 2011
                  You can find it here:

                  http://tinyurl.com/42nhekz