Origami Cranes = clothing for Japanese children!

  • mhsart444
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2011
      Through April 25, OshKosh will be collecting the paper cranes that you and your children create and sending them to their OshKosh stores in Japan to show them the support and caring of their friends in the United States. OshKosh will donate up to 50,000 articles of clothing.

      Please help the children of Japan by spreading the word

      http://www.carters.com/Cranes-For-Kids/cranes-for-kids,default,pg.html
    • Julie Casebourn
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2011
        Love this idea... am going to do it with 2 after school sessions of upper elementary.  Thank you so much for posting the idea and info.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2011

          FOLD PAPER CRANES, HELP RAISE $200,00 TO REBUILD JAPAN!

          Paper Cranes for Japan

          How do I love you? Let me count the ways (all 200,000 of them)! Thanks to YOU, our DoSomething.orgactivists, and your incredible outpouring of support, ourPaper Cranes for Japan campaign caught the eye of Students Rebuild, an initiative of the Bezos Family Foundation.

          Mail your paper cranes to Students Rebuild and Bezos Family Foundation will donate $2 per crane. Our goal is 100,000 cranes and $200,000 toward Architecture for Humanity’s support of Japanese rebuilding efforts.

          Get a group of friends together and host a paper-crane party now! We'll even supply a pre-paid mailing label for boxes of 50 or more cranes. Check out all of the details at StudentsRebuild.org.

          ALSO: There's only one week left in the Green Your School Challenge! Post your project now to be entered to win an incredible prize package, including a $1000 scholarship (not to mention the sheer pride that comes from knowing you're the greenest of them all).

          xo,

          Betsy Fast
          Betsy Fast
          Editor in Chief
          DoSomething.

          Love this idea... am going to do it with 2 after school sessions of upper elementary.  Thank you so much for posting the idea and info.

          Through April 25, OshKosh will be collecting the paper cranes that you and your children create and sending them to their OshKosh stores in Japan to show them the support and caring of their friends in the United States. OshKosh will donate up to 50,000 articles of clothing.

          Please help the children of Japan by spreading the word

          http://www.carters.com/Cranes-For-Kids/cranes-for-kids,default,pg.html

        • pent19
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
            Started this project with my upper group this week they are so excited! We are going to make as many as we can
            Michele NY