JOB: Library Thing is hiring customer service

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23 4:46 PM

      Pass this on to anyone you think might like the job. They prefer Portland, Maine or Boston.

      ~ MaryAnn

      LibraryThing is hiring (non-technical)

      LibraryThing is hiring again—a relatively junior position, with room to advance and grow.

      We’re looking for someone smart and organized to help out with the customer support side of the quickly growing LibraryThing for Libraries.

      You must be:

      • Able to write quickly and well
      • Organized as all get-out
      • Able to juggle multiple tasks efficiently and with humor
      • Extremely comfortable with computers
      • Able to work independently and communicate effectively

      We’d appreciate:

      • A Library or Information Sciences Degree
      • Experience in libraries or library “industry”
      • Technical skills (HTML, CSS, MySQL, etc.)
      • Customer-service or sales experience
      • Mac lover
      • Love of cheese

      Duties:

      • Assist Abby with LibraryThing for Libraries
      • Provide customer support to libraries
      • Attend trade shows
      • Learn whatever we need you to learn
      • Think creatively and suggest improvements
      • Whatever else is needed. We are still a startup so “duties” are fluid.

      Location:

      Boston, MA or Portland, ME area strongly preferred. If we get enough applications we will probably not look at others–no offense.

      Compensation:

      Salary plus gold-plated health and dental insurance. We require hard work, but we are flexible about hours.

      How to apply:

      Email and resume is good. Don’t send a separate cover letter. In your email, please go through the bullets above, explaining briefly how they do or don’t fit you.

      Send emails to abby@....