[art_education] Youth Art Month Challenge: ArtEdOnline

  • Diane Gregory
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
      Greetings Art Educators!
      Thanks to all of you that went to the ArtEdOnline.com blog site
      yesterday and today to learn about the Youth Art Month Challenge.
      Funny thing, the comments link was not working as intended so most
      were not able to accept the Challenge using the comments link as
      directed to accept the challenge. Just my luck! Sorry for the
      inconvenience.

      I tweaked the comments link and it is now operational. No more need
      to enter your user name and password. Whew!

      Kindly consider returning today and make a comment indicating that
      you are accepting the Youth Art Month Challenge sponsored by
      ArtEdOnline. Feel free to also make comments about how you intend to
      participate. Click on the link or copy and paste this link directly
      into your browser: http://www.artedonline.com/art-teachers-take-the-youth-art-month-challenge/
      While there, consider subscribing to the blog so you will get an
      email notice when new posts are available.

      Remember you can participate as much or as little as you would like.
      Sorry for any inconvenience. I am determined not to let us stop what
      could be a great opportunity for all of us to collectively advocate
      for art education in K-12 programs.

      Stay tuned later today for the second day post of the ArtEdOnline
      Youth Art Month Challenge. It will arrive sometime tonight!

      Thanks for your support.

      Cheers,

      Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D.
      gregory.diane55@...
      dianegregory@...
      Go confidently in the direction of your dreams--Live the Life You've Imagined!
      Henry David Thoreau, Walden

    • Kelli Wilke
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
        I was lucky enough to get a new art room last year and I got to put in some of my two cents.  I suggested island sinks so more kids could clean up.  I had sinks at the back counter before and really only 2 kids could be at a sink at a time.  Now about 3 or 4 can work at each sink.  I also would suggest flat storage (I have large, skinny drawers) and some vertical storage as well.  Don't forget bulletin boards!!!  The room I had before had a floor to ceiling wall that was a bulletin board and I LOVED it...unfortunately, my new room does not have that and I miss it.  Good luck!!!
        Kelli in NE