Re: Seeking alternative to expensive "document camera" (ex: Elmo) to project demos..

  • TriciaF
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
      Barbara,
      I'm not sure how big of an area can show clearly, but I do know that it's very adjustable. I can tilt it up and show objects from across the room or go as close as two inches and get great detail.
      I learned about this camera from a tech conference. Everyone was saying this was the way to go for showing students apps on an ipad/ipod.

      Tricia
    • Barbara Yalof
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011

        Tricia,

        Thanks for your response. Wow- cheaper alternatives!

        Listen, I am going to start putting out word that I’d like to organize an online art educators conference sometime in the summer. FREE!!

        I’m getting my doctorate in e-learning and ed tech and wanted to do something like this (too late to make it a dissertation topic) …I have a few friends who have run online conferences who would help.

        What do you think? Might you want to present? You would be fabulous!

        Barbara

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
          Greetings Art Educators!

          Take the Youth Art Month Challenge.

          Go to:  http://www.artedonline.com/art-teachers-take-the-youth-art-month-challenge/

          and accept the challenge at my blog site:  artedonline.com.

          This is a month long challenge.  You can participate as much or as little as you want.

          I have been inspired how social networks such as Facebook have been used to fuel a revolution in the Middle East.

          Now is the time to act in support of Art Education before potentially long lasting negative decisions are made that affect the future of art education.  Take the Youth Art Month Challenge:  http://www.artedonline.com/art-teachers-take-the-youth-art-month-challenge/

          Spread the word to all of your art education colleagues.  Together we can have an impact!

          Diane Gregory, Ph.D.
          dianegregory@...

          Go confidently in the direction of your dreams--Live the Life You've Imagined!
          Henry David Thoreau, Walden

          Dr. Diane C. Gregory
          Associate Professor of Art Education
          Director, Undergraduate & Graduate Studies in Art Education
          dgregory@...

          From: art_education@yahoogroups.com [mailto:art_education@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of TriciaF