Re: Perspective

  • miladyrigel
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2011
      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Cavallaro <stephc418@...> wrote:

      > I too, love the technical aspects of teaching perspective. I have taught both 1
      > and 2 in both Middle and High School with great success. A favorite lesson of
      > mind was inspired by MC Escher. As the previous reply said, kids love to break
      > the rules. We have done impossible spaces, such beginning with a corner of a
      > room and building off from there, adding columns, stairs, doors, arches and
      > basically just play with the space. We keep them in black and white or pencil,
      > then sometimes at the end, we add magazine collage elements, like people coming
      > out of doorways, skies behind windows,etc.
      > I agree that if you are bored, they will be too. I personally avoid the
      > cityscape, because I think it is way overdone.
      >

      > Hope this helps.

      I agree that drawing the cityscape all day kills me. I don't know of any other lessons. The connection to Escher sounds interesting, could you send me an example work or other info describing this lesson?

    • kenroar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2014
        A new lesson on 1, 2, and 3 point perspective has been added to IAD. The lesson is by Barbara Rhodes, who recently retired. This one is packed with information!
        http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/rhodes/perspective.html
        or incredibleart.org/lessons/rhodes/perspective.html if Yahoo mangled the URL.

        Ken