Our Fugleflick is 1 of 6 finalists in the National Geographic Contest-Help us!

  • TriciaF
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2011
      One winner will receive $36K in prizes for their school.
      NO Login or emails needed. Just click vote (for Let's be Green When It's Time to Clean) http://on.natgeo.com/g7JdN5

      Only one vote per computer (per browser).
      If you're really feeling the love, you can vote on an iphone, ipad, and ipod too!

      Thanks SO much!
      Tricia Fuglestad, IL
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2011
        I always love watching your videos. Out of curiosity, how much do your students practice for each video? They all seemed to have the song down pretty well. From what I saw from the site, your video was far better than the others. The closest one was the "Find your footprint" video and that was a distant second. You can be sure that these teachers also asked all the parents and relatives to vote for their videos so everyone on this list- go out and vote!

        Ken

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "TriciaF" <tricia_fuglestad@...> wrote:

        > One winner will receive $36K in prizes for their school.
        > NO Login or emails needed. Just click vote (for Let's be Green When It's Time to Clean) http://on.natgeo.com/g7JdN5
        >
        > Only one vote per computer (per browser).
        > If you're really feeling the love, you can vote on an iphone, ipad, and ipod too!
        >
        > Thanks SO much!
        > Tricia Fuglestad, IL

      • TriciaF
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2011
          Thanks for the support Ken!
          When we make our Fugleflicks, I work with a small group (10 students or so) during lunch recesses everyday until we're finished. It usually ends up being 2 months. Thanks for noticing the audio. We write original songs and rehearse everyday until all the self-consciousness goes away. Then we record a rough draft and critique it for energy, enunciation, and timing. We use garageband so we can stop the recording at anytime, crop out things, delete, raise volume, add voice enhancing effects, etc.
          From what I've learned from my digital storytelling courses, audio really drives the video-so we work hard to get that part just right before we even start filming.
          Here is my fugleflick index if anyone wants to see more: http://fugleflicks.wikispaces.com/Fugleflick_Index

          and PLEASE ART TEACHERS take a second to vote for Let's Be Green... http://on.natgeo.com/g7JdN5
        • Julia Garnett
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2011
            Great video! Congrats on making it this far!

            --
            http://juliaspaintings.blogspot.com

          • TriciaF
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
              Thanks Julie-

              I'm really overwhelmed by the show of support I'm receiving.
              Some art teachers had the idea of reposting my plea for help on their blogs:

              Take a look and enjoy their blogs-these are resources!

              B Art Z- Elementary Art: Vote for FugleFlicks http://bit.ly/i8IwEx
              Adventures of an Art Teacherhttp://bit.ly/fcUn5i
              Art With Mr. E: http://bit.ly/fQWdyH
              ART + TECH + EDUCATION - Art Tech Education http://bit.ly/dIEcQa