Re: [art_education] Re: Sandy Skoglund, speaker

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2011
      Sandy Skoglund is one of my favorite artists!
      Was she an interesting speaker?
      She was very kind about sharing photos of her work for a book I wrote called "Great American Artists for Kids".
      Not all of the great artists in the book were so generous, many were of course, but she was extremely nie.

      MaryAnn  Kohl

      On Feb 22, 2011, at 8:39 PM, Linda Kieling wrote:

      Vanessa, I am wondering if you intend for the mural to be used
      outside? If so, the pjywood would need to be completely sealed to keep
      moisture out so it won't warp. Grouting works. but if the mural is
      large it will get heavy.

      A few years ago I sent bottle caps to friends in Tennessee. Artist
      Sandy Skoglund was the keynote at their conference and the
      installation workshop was with plastic bottle caps.

      We are currently working on one where students are attaching magnets.
      We painted a board with magnetic paint. That way the mural is actually
      interactive.

      Would love to see pictures when you are finished.

      creatively,
      Linda
      (middle school in Oregon)