The Art Project powered by Google

  • Linda Kieling
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2011
      Maybe others already know about this and have discussed and I missed
      it, but just in case!

      The Art Project powered by Google features interior tours of seventeen
      world famous art museums. googleartproject.com

      Select a museum from the list on the homepage and you can virtually
      tour it using the same interface style you experience in Google Maps
      Streetview. Inside the museum just double click to zoom to a location.
      You can also open a floor plan overview and click on a room to
      navigate to that part of the museum.

      The best part of the Art Project powered by Google is the option to
      create your own artwork collection while visiting each museum. As
      you're touring a museum click on the "+" symbol on any work of art see
      it in greater detail, to add it to your collection, and to open
      background information about that work of art. To create a collection
      you must be signed into your Google account. (from Free Technology for
      Teachers)

      creatively,
      Linda
      (middle school in Oregon)