recent article on set-top boxes for presentations

  • Andrew Darlow
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011

      Hi folks:

      I recently wrote an article that I thought might be interesting to other educators.

      The popularity of wide-screen TVs has led to many new devices that allow us to send out images and video wirelessly or over wired ethernet to TVs or projectors. I was intrigued by what I saw from Western Digital at PhotoPlus Expo in NYC, and wrote about wny photographers might consider a Media Player. I think that Media Players may serve a role at schools, an art show or at a gallery. To me, they are like $99 hi-def slide projectors/video players. It can be confusing to sort through all the features, and WD is just one manufacturer.

      I can see a lesson in which students are each given a USB thumb drive to fill with jpgs of their digital art, photos or scans of their drawings/art projects, and one by one they insert the thumb drive, navigate to their images and show their work.

      Below is a link to the article:
      http://www.pixiq.com/article/12-reasons-why-photographers-might-consider-a-wd-set-top-box-0
      or
      http://tinyurl.com/4gbkqwj

      I welcome comments either here or on the article page.

      All the best,

      Andrew
      Andrew Darlow
      Editor, The Imaging Buffet