The Pepsi grant results, December 2010

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      To all the people who supported my efforts with the Pepsi Refresh grant for the month of December, 2010:

      Thank you so much for your support voting for my proposal to bring art to children and teachers around the country. I know it was a lot to ask and I appreciate the time each of you took to help me. I've learned a lot about how this type of voting process works! Looking forward, I feel renewed to schedule more workshops for the coming year and I am inspired to really really really reach children and impact their creative lives! After all, that's what my teaching and writing career is all about and always has been.

      My proposal, Bring hands-on art to kids who have no art programs in their schools finished #142. There were 1500 entries. Therefore, because I did not finish #1 or #2, I did not win the grant. I was competing for one of two spots in the $250K level in all 6 categories. It was a long shot for sure, but I was willing to try. The competition was tough at that grant level; competing against the entire National Humane Society was not an easy task for one person with a sincere following. We simply did not have the numbers they had, but we certainly had the loyal voters!

      Winners of the 2 Grants for $250k.
      #1 Winner:  Category: Health
      Help Hannah's Hope Fund fund a clinical trial to treat GAN, save lives
      Hannah's Hope Fund

       #2  Winner:  Category: Health

      Help Youth Who Suffer From Depression or Bipolar Disorder
      Child & Adolescent Bipolar Foundation (CABF)

      Pepsi Refresh Results:
      For a full listing of winners and rankings, go to:
      The final results will be verified  January 23.