Re: where to get straw hats to decorate?

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
      I don't have information on straw hats, but have had children make a hat using large squares of paper formed to their heads with masking tape on the band, then crushed and rolled the brim. They were really cool and crazy! Jenny's Hat is a fab book to share (not quite sure if 13 y.o. would let you read a vintage children's book though!). ALi

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Yalof" <draw.art@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to purchase inexpensive straw
      > or other cool hats to decorate? I'd love to find some colored straw hats,
      > but cannot as of yet. These need to be able to be worn by 13 year olds. I
      > think they would be adult sized. Thanks !
      >
      > Barbara Y.

    • pent19
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
        seems like oriental trading would have them check them out on line