New Member Introduction: Andrew Darlow

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2010
      Hi folks:

      I recently joined this group and have started posting, so I wanted to follow proper etiquette and introduce myself. I'm a photographer, educator, writer and digital imaging consultant based in New Jersey, USA. For over 15 years, I've consulted on the topics of digital photography, digital output, and color management for individuals and corporations and my commercial and consulting clients have included Brooks Brothers, Kenneth Cole, Tiffany & Co., Tourneau watches, Cigar Aficionado, and The Body Shop.

      As Editorial Director of Digital Imaging Techniques magazine, I wrote and edited hundreds of articles and reviews on the topics of digital and fine art photography, inkjet printing and Photoshop techniques. I've lectured and conducted seminars and workshops around the world at photo-related conferences, and for photography organizations and schools, including the Advertising Photographers of America (APA), The Center for Fine Art Photography, Professional Photographers of America (PPA), the Arles Photo Festival, Columbia University, The School of Visual Arts, and the International Center of Photography (ICP) in New York.

      My work has been included in many photography publications, web sites and books, including PDN Gear Guide, Rangefinder Magazine, PDNonline, Studio Photography & Design, Mastering Digital Printing (Thomson Course PTR), Photofocus.com and my own two books: 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques: An Essential Printing Resource for Photographers (Course PTR) and Pet Photography 101: Tips for Taking Better Photos of Your Dog or Cat (Focal Press).

      I'm editor and founder of The Imaging Buffet Digital Magazine and Podcast and I publish the Inkjet & Imaging Tips Newsletter, which includes news, tips and techniques on fine art printing and digital imaging. I have also posted over 200 links to art-related information and resources on my Facebook page at http://facebook.com/andrewdarlow .

      For more info, feel free to visit some of the sites in my signature below.

      All the best and I look forward to being a part of the conversation!

      Andrew

      Andrew Darlow
      Editor, The Imaging Buffet
      http://www.imagingbuffet.com
      Author, 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques:
      An Essential Printing Resource for Photographers - http://www.inkjettips.com
      and
      Pet Photography 101:
      Tips for Taking Better Photos of Your Dog or Cat - http://www.PhotoPetTips.com
    • joppakat
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
        hello andrew--very good to meet you.  i look forward to viewing your works and hearing your instruction and commentary; it seems you are ina place that i myself, and no doubt many others, would like to be with our works.  keep us informed andrew!  a happy happy new year to you!!  shannon/joppakat

        joppakat!!

      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
          Thanks so much Shannon!

          The best education I've had has been through learning, then teaching, then studying how to do things a certain way so I could answer my students' and consulting clients' questions.

          Thanks to many great teachers from grade school on (and my parents), I've been able to learn and share a lot of advice over the years. I look forward to learning from many of the educators here, and sharing advice when I have something to add to the conversation.

          Yahoo groups have been fantastic as well, and below is an article with more than 17 groups/lists that I either visit regularly or to which I subscribe. I thought others may be interested in taking a look at the list as well:

          http://imagingbuffet.com/2007/02/01/16-newsgroups-and-forum-sites-for-learning-more-about-inkjet-printing-2/
          or
          http://tinyurl.com/6btenp

          All the best and happy new year to you and all the folks on this list!