New to site

  • clenglehaupt
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2010
      Carol from Ottawa, Illinois.
      I'm an artist/writer and mother of a disabled adult who is also a talented watercolor artist. I'm here primarily to learn from others but it occurred to me that I might be able to add to the discussion some of the adaptations we've used that allow my son, Joshua, to paint. He has cerebral palsy and isn't an independent artist but a very talented one who has gained a loyal following of his work.
      I have no clue how this site works yet so I will probably lurk and learn until I figure it all out.
    • MARYANN KOHL
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2010
        Welcome to our art group, Carol from Ottawa, Illinois!
        I think we have much to  learn from your experiences and I hope new ideas and insights will come to you as well.
        Due to the holidays, the group may be  a little quieter than usual, but don't be surprised in the new year to find an active exchange.

        :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
        MaryAnn
        maryann@...
        :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
        Three Ways to Vote for MaryAnn' Kohl's Pepsi Grant to Bring Art to Teachers and Children

        1.) Direct vote at: http://www.refresheverything.com/greatartkids

        (You have to sign up first with the program to be a verfied voter.)
        2.) Text your vote - no sign up needed.

        Text these numbers: 104840 To Pepsi's phone: 7377
        3.) Go to Facebook and vote through the Pepsi Voting App.

        This is pretty easy.

        You can vote all three ways each day, or choose one!
        Vote as many times as you can until Dec. 31. Winners announced Jan. 1.

        On Dec 11, 2010, at 5:42 AM, clenglehaupt wrote:

        Carol from Ottawa, Illinois.
        I'm an artist/writer and mother of a disabled adult who is also a talented watercolor artist. I'm here primarily to learn from others but it occurred to me that I might be able to add to the discussion some of the adaptations we've used that allow my son, Joshua, to paint. He has cerebral palsy and isn't an independent artist but a very talented one who has gained a loyal following of his work.
        I have no clue how this site works yet so I will probably lurk and learn until I figure it all out.

      • reacheverychild
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2010
          Great....
          al

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "clenglehaupt" <clenglehaupt@...> wrote:

          > Carol from Ottawa, Illinois.
          > I'm an artist/writer and mother of a disabled adult who is also a talented watercolor artist. I'm here primarily to learn from others but it occurred to me that I might be able to add to the discussion some of the adaptations we've used that allow my son, Joshua, to paint. He has cerebral palsy and isn't an independent artist but a very talented one who has gained a loyal following of his work.
          > I have no clue how this site works yet so I will probably lurk and learn until I figure it all out.

        • joppakat
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2010
            very nice to meet you carol!

            joppakat!!