Re: [art_education] Re: iPhone Ap

  • marisa
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2010
      I would be happy to share any information with anyone interested. So far, I've been learning on the go. It's not easy, there's a lot of steps that don't always make sense. But the membership for app developers is only $100 and they do provide resources. In my case, I hired a developer and he was a competent programmer who had never done an iphone app. This may or may not have been a good idea. I'm still trying to figure that out. the programming is so different from any other programming, or so specific and this slowed Peter down a bunch. I have a lot of more advanced things I want to do with the app and am now working to find a more experienced developer.

      I don't know much about using other platforms but the developer thought that it would be hard to even transfer over to an ipad, which was a disappointment. IPods, I wonder.

      If anyone has any ideas on how to make this a better tool, I'm interested. I'm doing it as a very small side project but I am excited if people can actually make use of it.

      On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Diane Gregory <gregory.diane55@...> wrote:

      This sounds really cool, Marisa!  Congratulations.

      Ken and others,

      When one has an iPhone, one just clicks on Apps and conducts a search using the name of the product.  Or, one can go to iTunes and do a search for the product, as well.  Both will work, but if one has an iPhone it is probably just better to download it using your phone.  One can do a search by category, too.  Searching for ArtStart would probably be the fastest way to find it.

      I will check it out!

      I am very interested in how you did this.  Was this hard to do?  What was the process that you went through with Apple to have them accept the App?  Did this take a long time?  Would you mind sharing your secrets.  Maybe other art teachers can do this too?  That would be terrific!

      I understand in the newer Macs Apps will be part of the system software.  Right now I think you can use Mac apps on ipods, iPads and iPhones.  Maybe non-Mac tools will accept Mac Apps too.