Art for Others

  • ktjoy02
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
      Help! I am in need of some clever ideas to raise money through child made art.
      Cradles to Crayons is a non-profit organization that collects and distributes essentials to children in the Philadelphia area. http://philadelphia.cradlestocrayons.org/
      I am a volunteer there and I thought it would be a great idea to get my students involved with their art. My plan is to have an art show in their giving factory and hold a silent art auction to raise funds for the organization.

      My question for the group: what are some inexpensive projects that you think people will want to pay $$ for?
      My students are in 5th and 6th grade and are very excited to help other children in need through their art!
      Thank you in advance for any suggestions:)
    • amy friedman
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
        great way to easily raise funds with children's art~
        amy friedman

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
          a great tool is www.artsonia.com..it's free to belong!  Parents get an access code and just order directly from the site, then artsonia mails you your cut!
          On Dec 2, 2010, at 1:41 PM, ktjoy02 wrote:

          Help! I am in need of some clever ideas to raise money through child made art.
          Cradles to Crayons is a non-profit organization that collects and distributes essentials to children in the Philadelphia area. http://philadelphia.cradlestocrayons.org/
          I am a volunteer there and I thought it would be a great idea to get my students involved with their art. My plan is to have an art show in their giving factory and hold a silent art auction to raise funds for the organization.

          My question for the group: what are some inexpensive projects that you think people will want to pay $$ for?
          My students are in 5th and 6th grade and are very excited to help other children in need through their art!
          Thank you in advance for any suggestions:)

          *******
          This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the St. Joseph School District or the entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager and delete this message immediately. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not distribute or copy this e-mail.

        • marisa
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
            I just did a project with a group I work with making clocks. You can
            buy the works at American Science and Surplus for $3, then you need a
            battery. You can put clock parts on a lot of things, I've done books,
            records, art and a few other things. In this case I had the children
            paint used CDs with 2 coats of acrylic paint (a bit treacherous but
            hey!) and then after they dried we used pins to scratch into them and
            make designs (and the numbers). It's a fun activity and a usable
            object involving reuse. I think it'll be a crowd pleaser.

            good luck,
            marisa in Seattle
          • Andrew
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010
              Hello:

              I think that your project sounds great. I would recommend checking out http://www.kickstarter.com . You can ask for any amount of a donation and create different levels for contributors.

              I think people will pay for original art by children-I'm guessing some type of release from their parents will be necessary. Maybe the art could be based on a theme of some type with a contest attached to it.

              I did a quick search using the terms kid and art and came up with a few samples:
              http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?term=kid+art

              All the best and good luck!

              Andrew

              Andrew Darlow