To our international members

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2010
      I have heard from two art education list members from Turkey who have been offended by posts relating to turkey. I think I need to explain a few things. This Thursday in the U.S.A. we celebrate what we call Thanksgiving. This is a holiday that commemorates the time when the early settlers dined with native Americans. The traditional meal consists of turkey. In English, turkey is a large bird that is usually eaten. It has nothing to do with the country of Turkey.

      Members on here rarely, if ever, insult other members. If your native language is not English and a post offends you, it is possible you don't fully understand the meaning of the post. We have had a lot of international members the past few months and this is becoming more of an issue. If you are unsure of a post and your native language is not English, e-mail me so I can explain the post to you.

      Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to our members in the U.S.A.

      Ken
      List "Nanny"