Re: Exhibition of my paintings

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2010
      Good luck Kamla! If any of the media in your area covers it, please post a link to the coverage of your exhibit.

      Ken

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, kamla ravikumar <kamla_rk@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Just wanted to know if any of the art teachers in this group have had exhibitions of their paintings.What has been your experience ? I wish you could share them .
      >
      > I am very nervous becuase I am holding an exhibition of my abstract paintings done in mixed media.They will be displayed in a public gallery in an art village in my city ,Chennai, from 4-10 December 2010.This is my 6th exhibition.
      >
      > I don't know how my students and parents will react to my works .They are very excited about it.
      > Wish me luck!!
      >
      > Kamla,
      > Chennai,
      > India

    • Brandy
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 14, 2010
        It's usually what the market will bear. In my area, I charged $25-40 a session, which was about an hour and half long (once or twice a little longer, once or twice a little shorter). We meet once a week for 8 weeks.
        But it's also about what you're willing to sell your life for. My fees have more to do with how much I'm doing at that time, then a set and always price. When I'm not doing much, $25 seems fine. If I'm already nose deep in time consuming projects, than $40 an hour is what I have charged.
        My2cents,
        Brandy
        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

        > Hi all: I have been approached by a pretty affluent parent who's a friend of a friend to tutor her daughter for admittance to an arts magnet high school. I am wondering what would be a fair amount to charge? She needs 15 pieces and has maybe 5. It is due in February and I don't know the best way to go about this.
        > I have a good track record with kids getting in but they were at my school.
        > Thanks in advance, I need to let her know but want it to be worth it to me.
        > Brenda

      • Julia Garnett
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 14, 2010
          Good luck, I hope you find it rewarding. I exhibit, enter juried shows, and have a booth at art fairs. I think it gives you credibility with your students. Personally, I think going through the process of developing my art and my business helps me have a better idea of what I need to teach my students. I had a reception today, and I have 2 local exhibits going this month.