Amanda Linn's work to inspire a student lesson! (MS-HS)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      Here is a lesson idea waiting for your students! Middle School and up:
      The artist is Amanda Linn (Getty and ArtsEducators list member):
      Mixed Media - collage/painting
      http://www.cutxpaste.net/artists/amanda/1.html
      Amanda is a high school art teacher in Arkansas.

      Amanda's explanation of this piece:
      Amanda Linn's mixed media paintings are based on stories and classified ads
      from newspaper clippings. This piece was created from an article about a
      teacher who was placed on administrative leave for giving a Valentine card
      to a student that said "I hate you, I wish you would die."

      I think the choice of triptych shape is very interesting....I can see all
      sorts of ideas for using this image with a lesson for middle school and/or
      high school.

      Amanda - if you have done this with your students - IAD is definitely
      interested! Ideas for art lessons are all around us.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources