RE: [art_education] high school Portrait drawing

  • The Ericksons
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010

      One thing I do with elementary, that might be helpful w/ HS is tell the kids the size of their head must be life-size or bigger.  So I have them measure their head (top of head to chin) with 2 hands and then immediately put the 2 hands down on their paper.  This seems to help them visualize how big it needs to be.   This has greatly improved the size of heads and placement on the paper for my students.

      Cindy

      How do you teach where to start the portrait drawing on the paper
      or a canvas.
      Do you use Rules of thirds, or Measure so how.
      Thanks,
      Lois

    • llburoker
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
        Cindy, I will try this, as I always have doubts on the head.
        Thanks, Lois