Re: Punishing the class for 1 kid's mistake

  • aj4art
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
      I am sorry....but I am getting a little tired of everyone's "feelings". Kids are no longer taught to man up...that things happen in their life which are out of their control (or even that their actions have consequences!). How one responds to that kind of action is the key...Kids come up to me all day with' "He hurt my feelings....blah....blah...." WHAT are we teaching our children? Life happens, deal with it...know sometimes people don't make the right choices.... develop relationships with your students and you will know all about what happened.

      Want to teach empathy? Have your school bring in "Rachel's Challenge". It was very powerful.