Geico Art Contest- So easy a cave man could do it

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2010
      The cavemen at Geico (or is it the Gecko lizard) e-mailed me and told me about a poster contest they're having. Since they took the time to e-mail me directly, I'm posting it. For those of you who aren't into art contests, disregard this post.

      Contest Description
      The 2010 GEICO Driving Safety Poster Contest (the "Contest") is a skill contest where submissions will be accepted beginning September 17, 2010 and ending at 11:59 P.M. (EST) on December 17, 2010 ("Submission Period"). Contest entrants ("Entrants") may submit an original poster piece of artwork that emphasizes the importance of safe driving practices ("Poster") as described herein. Posters cannot use any brand-name logo including GEICO, or any of GEICO icon including, the Gecko, the Caveman, or Kash (a stack of money with eyeballs on top). Posters and completed entry forms must be received during the Submission Period to be eligible. All Posters will be initially reviewed for appropriate content and adherence to contest rules by GEICO's Entry Review Panel. Posters that do not comply with all of the Poster Requirements listed in the Official Rules will be disqualified. Posters that have not been disqualified will be categorized by region, age group, and category (hand-crafted or computer generated) and judged by GEICO Judging Committee to determine the regional and Grand Prize winners.

      2. Eligibility
      The Contest is open to public, private and home-school students who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Entrants must be six (6) to eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Entrants must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of GEICO, its affiliates, their advertising or promotional agencies and immediate family members of such employees and persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to win. Eligibility may be verified at any time.

      Details at http://www.geicosafetycontest.com/