Re: Currier & Ives, art suggestion

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2010
      I received one reply about Currier & Ives, but still need a little
      more input. Any art ideas for working with elementary kids? I am
      helping a local elementary school with an art docent program, where
      they are introducing great masters to kids in their school from grades
      K-6. We are doing a Currier & Ives focus in November.

      I have a couple of ideas I usually do -- one with an assembly line of
      5 kids working on five "copies" of one original drawing, each kid
      coloring in one part. The other is to make a calendar with similar art
      done assembly line style, or just a regular calendar with 12 original
      drawing. Maybe doing some winter art...

      Anyway, was wondering if anyone had anything else I could share with
      the group for Currier & Ives art ideas? These gals love choices! These
      are parent volunteers going into the classrooms and introducing the
      artist and then following up with an art project.

      Your input is appreciated. I'm kind of foggy...had some surgery and am
      recovering well (nothing serious) but my creative brain is just not
      doing what I want it to do!
    • circe76@y7mail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2010
        Hey there Marryanne,
        I just stumbled on a site the other day that seems to be what your looking for it is, www.artinenglish.com a site about Group and therapy art with ideas for elementry school children.

        hope its helpful
        LuLu
      • MARYANN KOHL
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2010
          I just checked out the site and it will have much to enjoy. Looks like it's just getting started. But fun!

          MaryAnn
          25th Anniversary 1985 – 2010
          Celebrating 25 Years of Bringing Art to Children