Currier & Ives, need art suggestions

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010
      I am helping a local elementary school with an art docent program, where they are introducing great masters to kids in their school from grades K-6. We are doing a Currier & Ives focus in November.

      I have a couple of ideas I love -- one with an assembly line of 5 kids working on five "copies" of one original drawing, each kid coloring in one part. The other is to make a calendar with similar art done assembly line style, or just a regular calendar with 12 original drawing. Maybe doing some winter art...

      Anyway, was wondering if anyone had anything else I could share with the group for Currier&Ives art ideas? These gals love choices! These are parent volunteers going into the classrooms and introducing the artist and then following up with an art project.

      Your input is appreciated. I'm kind of foggy...had some surgery and am recovering well (nothing serious) but my creative brain is just not doing what I want it to do!

      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      MaryAnn
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      25th Anniversary 1985 – 2010
      Celebrating 25 Years of Bringing Art to Children

    • MARYANN KOHL
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2010
        I received one reply about Currier & Ives, but still need a little
        more input. Any art ideas for working with elementary kids? I am
        helping a local elementary school with an art docent program, where
        they are introducing great masters to kids in their school from grades
        K-6. We are doing a Currier & Ives focus in November.

        I have a couple of ideas I usually do -- one with an assembly line of

      • circe76@y7mail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2010
          Hey there Marryanne,
          I just stumbled on a site the other day that seems to be what your looking for it is, www.artinenglish.com a site about Group and therapy art with ideas for elementry school children.

          hope its helpful
          LuLu
        • MARYANN KOHL
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2010
            I just checked out the site and it will have much to enjoy. Looks like it's just getting started. But fun!

            MaryAnn