Re: [art_education] folk art group project

  • Kathleen Maledon
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
      this is a slightly different tact, but you might explain that folk artists used what was available:
      house paint, shells, magazines, bits of cloth, etc.  and have them make their own folk art from
      items at home and write their inspiration, procedure,product, etc. to share.  Early American arts
      are the best source to find folk art.  By the way, I came across an interesting blurb about how
      Victorian women would use pictures from magazines and their own drawing and watercolors
      to collage parlors.  who knew?  k
      On Sep 26, 2010, at 6:38 PM, boots13@... wrote:

      Hey all,
      i would like to do a folk art group project with my small class of 12.
      I could like them to each research and create a piece of artwork from a different place and kind of folk art.
      American and International.
      Any suggestions? Anyone have a webquest handout or resources they might be able to pass along for a folk art project?

      thanks!
      terri
      NYC