NAEYC, Anaheim 2010 -and- 25th Anniversary for MaryAnn/Bright Ring

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2010
      Good Morning, Fellow Educators and NAEYC friends:

      What a glorious day it is in Washington state today, crisp autumn morning with loads of sunshine -- and 60-70 degrees promised for the afternoon. I just love this time of year! Autumn also brings the annual NAEYC national conference Nov. 3-6 in Anaheim, so don't put away your summer clothes yet!n(National Association for the Education of Young Children)

      I am delighted to be attending and wanted to let you know about several way for us to connect -- so make a note and I hope to see you there:

      1. Come by the Gryphon House booth anytime on Friday Nov. 5 or Saturday Nov. 6 to say hello. I'd love to meet you in person! (I will be at the conference only Friday and Saturday.)

      2. My NAEYC presentation session this year is "How To Publish Your Teaching Ideas", a session I have been offering for many years to rave reviews. I really enjoy helping people meet their goal of becoming a published author. Bring your dreams of being an author, learn priceless advice on how to succeed, and we can talk answer your specific questions too. Some people bring book projects that are underway for personalized review. If you're just starting to think about writing a book, dreaming of writing one, or if one is underway, this session will appeal to you.
      "How to Publishing Your Teaching Ideas"
      Friday, Nov. 5, 12:30 - 1:30
      Location, TBA

      3. Gryphon House is offering make and take session in their book by many of their authors, The theme is "Get Inspired!" My session will highlight art from my newest book, Art with Anything. I haaven't finalized what hands-on art we'll be doing as yet, but it shouild be something with bubble wrap, used shiny CDs, or maybe duct tape!! Whatever my final decision, it will be EASY and HANDS-ON and FUN!
      Get Inspired! in the Gryphon House Booth
      Art with Anything
      Saturday, Nov. 6, 3:00 pm

      25th Anniversary, 1985-2010
      I can't believe that I've been writing art books for 25 years! Time flies when you're doing something you love. During this special time, I hope you will visit my blog -- and my website -- to see my 25th Anniversary surprises and specials. You will just love the download of the musical story told and sung by Danny Kaye - your kids will want to hear it over and over. You'll also find many art ideas, inspiring stories about childhood, videos of magical historic interviews with Mr. Rogers, Eric Carle, Bill Martin Jr. -- and so much more!

      Anniversary Art Contest ::: October - December:
      I will soon announce a fun art contest for interested children for October through December. I'll let you know more about that very soon. The prizes will be free art books, of course!! (for the children who win and for their teachers).

      Hope to see you in Anaheim!

      aryAnn F.
       Kohl
      WEBSITE:      http://www.brightring.com
      author, presenter & educational consultant