NEW Coloured Pencil for Beginners course now available on DVD

  • ararmitage
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2010
      Art classes on DVD: Pencil Painting Techniques for Beginners. This course is NEW and the introductory price is $75. This price includes the DVDs, printed material, shipping and handling. Terrific Christmas gift for the aspiring artist. Don't miss this great value as the price will be $95.00 as of November 1st. This course will provide you with 200 minutes (3 1/2 hours) of instruction over 5 lessons.

      Lesson 1: materials
      Lesson 2: pencil application and techniques
      Lesson 3: composition theory
      Lesson 4: colour theory
      Lesson 5: completion of the project

      As well as the instructional material during the 5 lessons you will start to work on an 8" by 10" pencil painting using a photograph and printed material directing you through the project that you will receive with the DVDs. Previous to sending the material I will e-mail each student a list of supplies needed to complete the painting.

      All students will be also receive individual instruction provided by me during the 5 lessons at their own pace, either by e-mail or by phone.
      This virtual classroom experience is designed for the student that has no fine art experience of any kind but has always wanted to learn. I have been teaching this material for 3 years to adults through the continuing education program through the Catholic school board as well as Algonquin College here in Ottawa.

      Even students with absolutely no prior experience and little or no talent for painting are amazed at the results they achieve with their first project. Using a tracing transfer method the student with absolutely no drawing skills can produce a piece that is pleasing and beautiful. I am very proud to say that 90% of my beginner students carry on with more advanced classes following the beginner class and I have several students that have been working with me for 3 years that have taught me a trick or two !

      Please go to my blog for more information http://www.pictureperfectpetspost.blogspot.com
      All of you that are interested can contact me at armitage@... and I will e-mail you the photo that you will be working on in this first lesson plus answer any questions you may have. As well I can be reached at 613-832-5404(eastern time zone ).

      Thank you for the interest. Should you like to view my work my website is http://www.pictureperfectpets.ca

      Anne Armitage
      professional painter and teacher
      B.F.A. Nova Scotia College of Art and Design
      volunteer Canadian Guide Dogs