Daily Success Chart - Works with kids!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2004
      (FYI - Jancy - this will help many)

      Dear Art Educators,

      I know some of you may still have "discipline woes"...and it may get worse
      as the weather gets better (grin).

      Jancy (Getty member) shared her Daily Success Chart to use with
      students on IEPs. I had to do this with the SBH
      students. I didn't think it was fair to them to be
      graded on behavior everyday when they were wonderful
      in my class. They had a form I had to sign everyday.
      My regular students were the ones who chose to be
      "naughty" - I put those students on behavior contracts
      and made them evaluate their behavior everday. You can
      adapt Jancy's form. I will need to re-do the whole
      thing to link it. The html file did not work - but you
      can get an idea.
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Success.htm
      If you save it - then open in Word - the table lines
      up right. I don't know how the word time got out of
      line...just proof that "What you see" is NOT "what you
      get" when you use Word - and certainly not with Front
      Page (grin) that was a disaster so far with this file -
      but I do know how to make it work.

      For those who CAN open Word - here is Jancy's file:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/DailySuccessChart.doc

      I do have some suggestions how I would adapt it (for
      me) - but will add that to the file when I get the
      html file right.

      Here is one file I used for the Behavior:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/assessment.htm

      Students were put on the Behavior Contract after their
      second Writing Assignment:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/contract.htm

      And you folks get to see some words of wisdom from Jancy:

      Having them do a self assessment on Friday would be good....Will have to
      think on that one. Another reason I do this is that a large number of my
      special ed kids leave on a shuttle bus and are only in the room for 20
      minutes or so before they have to leave. This has helped GREATLY in keeping
      them on task and making an effort to understand.

      I'll post adaptations when I get the done - for those who want it now - save
      away!

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources