Re: [art_education] Art Club

  • emmalus31@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2010
      Hi my name is Suzanne and Im an art teacher for a public chartered montessori school in Corpus Christi Texas. I teach grades 1st-8th. This year I started an art after school program called Young Picasso. I teach on tues/thurs from 3:30-4:30. I definitely think sticking to a max class size of only 10 kids is best. I had an overwhelming sign up and have 15 on tues and 15 on thurs. I know, I know.....shoot me now. Lol.

      Each week we will focus on a specific medium. This week its sketching/drawing. I will go over the basics like form, shape, line then I'm going deeper teaching them techniques to make thier 2d sketch (fruit in a basket) into a 3d one. Then we also go over 1 famous artist a week (Picasso this week) and learn about his life and what major contributions to art they have made. So far so good. I would love to hear other ideas for projects or lessons to do from any of you.;-) Thanks. Suzanne.