Art Club

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 8, 2010
      Hi All,

      Its Art Club time again, and I am determined to keep my numbers LOW- meaning 10 kids rather than 80 (I'm volunteering). Does anyone have an application to share? My club will be for grades 3+4. Thanks in advance! Any fabulous club projects would also be appreciated. We're going to make apple head dolls as our first project. Thanks! ALi k-4
    • Keisha Pegues
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 8, 2010
        Would love to have more information about this too!!!

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 8, 2010
          Did anyone look at www.brainpop.com ?
          They have some great little videos about famous artists, among many other things.
          You can check it out for free for a month.

          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          MaryAnn
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          25th Anniversary 1985 – 2010
          Celebrating 25 Years of Bringing Art to Children

          On Sep 8, 2010, at 5:11 PM, Keisha Pegues wrote:

          Would love to have more information about this too!!!

          Its Art Club time again, and I am determined to keep my numbers LOW- meaning 10 kids rather than 80 (I'm volunteering). Does anyone have an application to share? My club will be for grades 3+4. Thanks in advance! Any fabulous club projects would also be appreciated. We're going to make apple head dolls as our first project. Thanks! ALi k-4

        • Steve Reiter
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 8, 2010
            My art club is grades 3,4,and 5. I take five students from each grade and that is it. My art club meets from 3:15 til 5:00 pm one day a week. I go to the classrooms on the same day and ask who would like a form to join art club. On the form is a letter to parents stating what art club is what is expected of their student and themselves and that they are responsible for picking up their child by 5:00pm. If the child is picked up late twice, the child can no longer stay. ( late meaning twenty minutes or later) unless it is for an extremely good reason.  I then move a child in who is on the waiting list. The students are told the first five from each grade level who hand in the permission form gets to stay. I have done this for 8 years and it has worked out great. We have 450 students but usually the ones who really are interested in art are the ones who return the form fast.

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 9, 2010
              I checked the archives and files and found a permission slip I shared a few years ago! I changed it and added it again (Art Club Note in files). I'll keep my fingers crossed that numbers stay low, with the long meeting time and parent pick-up. I'll share how it all goes... thanks, ALi

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "aliteachesart" <abenton@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > Its Art Club time again, and I am determined to keep my numbers LOW- meaning 10 kids rather than 80 (I'm volunteering). Does anyone have an application to share? My club will be for grades 3+4. Thanks in advance! Any fabulous club projects would also be appreciated. We're going to make apple head dolls as our first project. Thanks! ALi k-4

            • Kerri Gordon
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 9, 2010
                Does anyone have a high school art club? I am looking for some fresh ideas!!!
                Kerri Gordon
                aRt TEaCHeR
                Northwood School
                715-466-2297

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 9, 2010
                  Yes!!!! Used this last yearh with 7th grade but for science ans social students...co teacher.

                  Its Art Club time again, and I am determined to keep my numbers LOW- meaning 10 kids rather than 80 (I'm volunteering). Does anyone have an application to share? My club will be for grades 3+4. Thanks in advance! Any fabulous club projects would also be appreciated. We're going to make apple head dolls as our first project. Thanks! ALi k-4

                • Kathleen Maledon
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 9, 2010
                    many of the pioneering crafts: tin punching, candle making, rag rug making, victorian sitting rooms from
                    blk and white (later colored) visuals (collage), theorem painting, etc. are fun

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 21, 2010
                      I have been an Art teacher for a year and a half. Since my half a year starting in January I have created an Art Club for our High School in Ozona Texas. The first thing I did (after permission was granted) was write a consitution, then secondly I typed a parent consent form for students to sign. I'd send these to you, but it will take a day (since yesterday I accidentally deleted my artclub file, aghhh!).
                      Projects we are planning on doing this year:
                      3 fundraisers for supplies, field trip, and a possible scholarship.
                      We are lucky at the school I work because even though it is a rural community, the school board granted me purchase of a new kiln.
                      So one fundraiser I will be doing is a "Ceramic Bowl Auction" which is where we are planning on making around 50+ bowls and serving them chili or brisket(a parent has offered to help with brisket, or else I would say no). And everyone here loves food, and the parents and older people are very supportive.
                      The other fundraisers will be to sell candles and a possible cake walk at our Halloween festival(again with the food, lol!).
                      Projects we are planning to participate in other than the ceramic bowl making is painting our first mural in my classroom (the wall is canvas in the middle). After that we have been asked to paint a mural at our town's civic center.
                      During my student teaching the school I worked for made Christmas wrapping paper with stamps and large craft paper. When I was in college we had a Student Art Show(to buy the artworks) hosted by the Art Club and we also hosted/created a Haunted House. The AG actually does this here at my school, and ranks in A LOT of MONEY!
                      Hope that helps, feel free to email me at
                      ariel.kellogg@...