Reflections competition in Washington

  • shellysart
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2010
      Hello All,

      I have volunteered to chair the "Reflections" program at my daughter's middle school here in Renton, WA.

      If you are not familiar with the program, it is a National program run throught PTA. Every year, a theme is presented and kids age K-12 can enter an originally created piece of Artwork in these categories: Visual Arts, Photography, Dance Choreography, Literature, Film Production and Music Composition.

      It is run by volunteers and I am currently looking to fill some volunteer judging positions for Literature, Film Production and Music Composition. It would probably only involve a few hours in one day (possibly a weekend day depending on everyone's availability). Judging will probably take place in November of this year.

      If you are knowledgable in one of these areas and are interested in judging some 7th and 8th grade works, we could really use your help!

      There are some people in my area that I know are versed in these areas, but are all some way tied to the school/students. I would love to have impartial judges.

      Feel free to contact me off list at: shellysart@...

      Thanks for your help and hope your school year is starting off well!

      Shelly in Seattle