Art education

  • bfhomer1955
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2010
      I am retired and i voluteer tutoring high school students who are failing or have dropped out. Its very difficult but i like the challenge. Most of them have given up so i have to boost there image of them selves and give them hope in the future before i can even begin to tutor them. After 30 days of tutoring if there is no change in there mental image of them selves i sadly have to move on. The students that show progress, i am usually able to get additional online courses plus my tutoring. Then i try to find job placement for the ones that work hard. The success stories keep me going. Thanks for letting me join your group. I am always looking for better ways to reach these kids. benjamin
    • Sarah Palmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2010
        You are an inspiration Benjamin. I truly believe the arts are an important key to young people hearts.  Hope this group can assist you!
        Sarah in Seattle

        To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
        From: benjamin@...
        Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 03:15:39 +0000