Definition of an ARTIST is solved!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      (Pam - if you see this - Blue Man Group and Klein made it to the dollmakers
      list today -- too funny! - I got more mileage out of that one. Their
      discussion on "What is Art?" would have had you in stitches. I didn't read
      all of the posts - no time).

      Dear Art Educators,

      The dollmakers' list has solved another problem of ours (smile). Get your
      kiddies to add their HEART to their work and they will all be ARTISTS. I
      think the "heart" is the missing ingredient in some classrooms. YOU are the
      only subject that can reach their heart. See what can happen in your own
      little world (smile).

      St. Francis of Assissi, who said....

      'One who works with his hands is a Laborer.
      One who works with his hands and head is a Craftsman.
      One who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist.'

      Of course -- "Craftsman" not to be confused with Sears --as that kind of
      "Craftsman" may very well be just a laborer at times. Ladies....how many of
      your hubbies have forgotten to use their head when they tackled a project
      and you have had to step in and save the day (chuckles)? Oh shame on me...

      Cheers!

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources