Make a screen print - NO MESS way - online!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      This link/online activity that Pam Stephens sent to Getty list is the talk
      for the list.
      We are all now making our Andy Warhol look-a-likes and just having a blast!

      From Pam:

      Here's a fun online silkscreen demo for students.

      http://www.warhol.org/ then click on "Make your own silkscreen".

      The site allows you to follow Warhol's creative process while making your
      own art choices.
      I have added this to my Andy Warhol links on American Artists and on the
      silk screen lesson plan on IAD (from Connie Ferguson). Those of you who do
      not have materials for photo emulsions CAN make wax paper stencils from high
      contrast photos - it is so doable - then print on top of a painted
      background (or screen printed). The kiddies will certainly get the idea if
      you let them play online first. I have to be honest .... I was lazy and
      didn't paint all of my flowers first (several images from which to choose).
      Was is so good about this activity is you can have many do-overs (smile).

      Enjoy!

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources