Problems with students? Check out TAB-Choice Art Education

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      TAB-ChoiceArtEd List Group is a new list group and growing.

      To learn more about the TAB-ChoiceArtEd group, please visit
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TAB-ChoiceArtEd

      Learn more on the website:
      http://knowledgeloom.org/tab/index.jsp

      This would be a GREAT group for you to sign up to receive as digest form
      (only ONE post a day). I just read my digest and there were so many good
      topics to share that I thought this was the easiest way. I would get you to
      check out the posts that are archived on the site. ALL good thinking! You
      won't get any "what kind of paint?" or "do you have any lesson ideas?" (nor
      will you get my web "wanderings") - You have your other lists for those kind
      of questions. On TAB list, it is all serious thinking about improving art
      education for the kiddies....and that is a GOOD THING. If you feel you are
      losing too many kids...maybe it is time for change?

      Kathy Douglas and I have been "quacking" ever since we "met" (I love her
      email address "Two Ducks"....now there are many more ducks). I honestly
      think they have got something good going - I went through school in the
      60's-70's - All kids liked art then...We had CHOICE in my school (smile) - I
      just don't think the teachers knew the idea would be such a big idea now
      (then it was called "individualized instruction")....What was lacking though
      was Art History (Art Appreciation) -- and I certainly would not want any of
      you to give that up. Studying Art History made me LOVE history - and social
      studies. I just didn't know that until I got to college. DBAE will never die
      for me completely.

      Sure weren't any discipline problems in the art rooms when I was growing up,
      either.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources