Arts Advocacy - Nice presentation

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 4:41 PM
      (Thanks Woody - I followed a link on your site - Youth Art Month work is
      great)

      Dear Art Educators,

      List members frequently ask for advocacy advice....Well here is presentaion
      with all of the right words (with reseach sources listed):
      "Why Arts?" Advocacy Presentation
      http://www.kaea.com/Why%20Arts2_files/frame.htm
      (Just click no for the security warning if you get that - I don't know what
      that is about).
      The presentation was compiled and created by
      Compiled and Created by Jennifer Dixon-Perkins

      I am wondering if you could get the presentation sent to you if you emailed
      Kansas Art Association? I suppose you could copy and paste and redesign it
      (and credit Jennifer)

      My how Art Education has changed since the time of Grant Wood (smile).

      "The aim of art education in the public schools is not to make more
      professional artists but to teach people to live happier, fuller lives: to
      extract more out of the experience, whatever that experience may be."

      There are MANY good quotes in this presention....

      I want to know what has changed since 1994 (don't answer -- I already know).
      See slide 34: Support Arts Education...Its the Law!

      I will continue to listen to your woes --and feel your pain.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources