VERY Impressive JEWELRY! - lots of CHOICE

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2004
      (Linda - please share your kids' jewelry on Getty list)

      Dear Art Educators,

      Linda Wood's site is one I regularly check. She is always sneaking in new
      art on the site.
      Check out the 6th grade jewelry (high school teachers will be in awe).
      St. John's Lower School:
      http://www.sjs.org/stories/default.asp?L2=3&newsid=44754

      Click on Middle School Gallery to see the jewelry.

      Linda is CHOICE based in action... She has the materials ready to go --
      presents the images to inspire....and the kids explore their OWN ideas. She
      is a true Master! I will continue to bring her work to these lists.

      She submitted a lesson plan for Etched Jewelry to IAD:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Linda-jewelry.htm
      Linda is one of the lucky ones...she does not have to turn in detailed
      lesson plans. How could she!? That is all she would get done. Imagine
      writing up a lesson to include all of the outcomes she gets from her
      students. I just tricked my admin. I wrote up one lesson one way and
      submitted that. He never read them anyways.

      Linda - not just "kind words" here...these are TRUE words. Linda really
      values kids ideas and doesn't work hard to change them. Soon I will share a
      sculpture lesson idea using her Carousel animals lesson (see the third grade
      horse and caroousel animals).

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources