Re: New teacher! Been in the business world.

  • icreatemore
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
      Get you a copy of Harry Wong's "first day of school". I will advise you to use a seating chart to learn their names...hopefully with pictures, they like to trick you. And don't have anything out that you care about...they are easily tempted. A trick that works for me, is I
      wear a rubber band and pop it to remind me to chill out and enjoy the show.
      Middle school isn't for everyone. I love it and hope that you will.
      CA
      Leave no Right brain Behind

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "badazz33" <badazz33@...> wrote:

      > Hello all I am a new teacher in alabama who been in the business world for 5yrs. I'm not a middle school art teacher needing aLOT of help with lesson plans. Any help or ideas? I would greatly appreciate the help

    • Paige Conn
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
        Roll Tide!!  Love to see "Alabama".  Taking our daughter there Friday.  She will be a freshman at UA this fall.
        I have been in art education but am now moving to middle school as well.  One resource that I find helpful and a great "go to" is to subscribe to School Arts magazine as well as Arts and Activities magazine.  Both magazines were super to me by sending me old issues before my new subscription began.

        Paige
        Fredericksburg, Texas

        .

      • Diane Gregory
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
          I love School Arts.  Nancy Walkup, Pamela Stephens, Craig Roland have done a fabulous job developing this helpful resource!

          Go confidently in the direction of your dreams--Live the Life You've Imagined!
          Henry David Thoreau, Walden

          Dr. Diane C. Gregory
          Associate Professor of Art Education
          Director, Undergraduate & Graduate Studies in Art Education
          dgregory@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
            Don't forget to scroll through old messages from this group list. It may take a little time searching and skimming posts, but the message archives are a good resource. Just type in different key words in the messages search box (like middle school, new teacher, lesson plans, etc. ) and skim the various older posts- I think you will find lots of helpful things.

            :0)
            Mrs. Prior in VA