Appalachian Folk Art

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      Dear List Member,

      Sorry I can not email you privately - I did not save your original request.
      I hope you are well on your way now to a successful Appalachian Art unit.
      Since I didn't hear from you, I assume you found all of the ideas you
      needed.
      I just wanted to add this contemporary artist that would make a great
      connection to folk art of Appalachia. He is VERY successful selling his folk
      art inspired work.

      http://www.tomhaney.com/
      Tom Haney - Articulated Artwork from Atlanta, Georgia. Maker of
      one-of-a-kind,
      hand-crafted automata and other works of modern folk art. Be sure and view
      the newest additions - watch the short videos, too.

      He "began carving through the encouragement of Georgia folk-artist Leroy
      Almon, Sr. Later, Kentucky carvers Minnie and Garland Adkins"

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources