RE: [art_education] Lesson for interview advice

  • Penny Lee
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 12 9:15 AM
    I suggest you.....

    • keep it simple
    • see if you can get a copy of the 5th grade Art curriculum (on-line, maybe)
    • design / create a lesson so the hiring agent (principal or human resources person) could learn something about Art; would be impressive.

    You might try an activity that ties in with History / Social Studies which you'd have to find a copy of the 5th grade History / Social Studies curriculum, which maybe available on-line.  You'll need to get copies of Art work (paintings preferably) that are reflective of the time periods 5th graders study in History / Social Studies.

    I've attached a plan I wrote and used for an observation I did two years ago.  It is a cross-curriculum activity that is also a cooperative one that does not require a lot of set-up or does it create a mess.  Ironically, it was for fifth grade.  Feel free to use it if you'd like to.  Let me know how it goes.

    Penny Lee

    To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
    From: reens@...
    Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:53:18 -0400
    Subject: Re: [art_education] Lesson for interview advice

    All I know is that the lesson can be about anything (art) but he didn't
    want to give me anymore details until I am asked to come for the 2nd
    interview. The 1st interview is Tues and then the 2nd will be on
    Thursday. I imagine it would be 45-60 minutes and need closure.

    > What is your time frame and can the lesson be open ended or do you need
    > true
    > closure at the end of the lesson?
    >
    > Paige

  • Penny Lee