Re: [art_education] First Days of School!

  • Lisa Edwards
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 6 7:39 AM
      Thanks for the info/links Chery!

      Will definitely take a look.

      Yes, I am looking at "trash" in a whole new light!   In my case, this is the first year for an art program at my school so I am starting from scratch, with no real budget!  I will have to be very resourceful to come up with equipment/supplies.

      Again, appreciate the links!

      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 12 9:15 AM
      I suggest you.....

      • keep it simple
      • see if you can get a copy of the 5th grade Art curriculum (on-line, maybe)
      • design / create a lesson so the hiring agent (principal or human resources person) could learn something about Art; would be impressive.

      You might try an activity that ties in with History / Social Studies which you'd have to find a copy of the 5th grade History / Social Studies curriculum, which maybe available on-line.  You'll need to get copies of Art work (paintings preferably) that are reflective of the time periods 5th graders study in History / Social Studies.

      I've attached a plan I wrote and used for an observation I did two years ago.  It is a cross-curriculum activity that is also a cooperative one that does not require a lot of set-up or does it create a mess.  Ironically, it was for fifth grade.  Feel free to use it if you'd like to.  Let me know how it goes.

      Penny Lee

      To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      From: reens@...
      Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:53:18 -0400
      Subject: Re: [art_education] Lesson for interview advice

      All I know is that the lesson can be about anything (art) but he didn't
      want to give me anymore details until I am asked to come for the 2nd
      interview. The 1st interview is Tues and then the 2nd will be on
      Thursday. I imagine it would be 45-60 minutes and need closure.