Re:What should I see in Japan when it comes to the arts-

  • Marian Colman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
      I just returned from a week's stay in Nagoya. Although this city is
      not high on the priority list for tourists, I discovered that there
      are many wonderful things to see and do within the city limits, as
      well as fantastic day trips via the Shinkansen ( bullet train). In
      Nagoya, I visited 3 art museums- the Nagoya/Boston Museum of Fine Arts
      ( sister museum to the MFA), the Aichi Perfectual Art Center, and the
      Tokugawa Art Museum and Garden. All 3 were spectacular and I
      recommend them all. In addition, I visited Nagoya Castle and spent a
      day at Nagoya University where the students were having a huge
      festival. We did a day trip to Kyoto( just amazing) and a 2 day trip
      to the Hakone region so we could get up close and personal with Mt
      Fuji. Japan was such an adventure- I navigated the subways on my own
      ( my husband was in a meeting for 4 days) and walked and explored for
      6 hours every day. Not as many people speak English as I had hoped,
      but I was usually able to get info if I needed it. Nagoya Station is
      amazing with so many shops, food vendors and department stores. You
      are in for a treat! Email me privately if you want more detail!
      Marian
    • Cheryl Hancock
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
        To Marian and Makio,
        Thankyou for the information I will now be able to stay sane while my other half throws himself down the mountains. I hope one of the other non ski buddies will put up with all the culture I want to absorb.
        Cheryl

        --
        Cheryl Hancock
        Cooper, Dior and Charisma